Saxophone lessons from a Juilliard graduate
Dean Tsur is an award-winning Israeli saxophonist, bandleader, and arranger, based in New York City. He has won the North American Saxophone Alliance Jazz Competition, and was semifinalist in the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition. Dean has earned his Master of Music degree from The Juilliard School. He has over ten years of teaching experience.
The saxophone is an highly versatile instrument; It has the agility of a woodwind instrument and the power of a brass instrument. It was invented by Belgian instrument maker Adolph Sax and traveled to America to become the signature instrument of jazz. Due to its versatility, you can find the saxophone in many styles of music including rhythm and blues, classical, pop, and gospel.
- Techniques: fingering, sound, embouchure, and posture.
- How to read and write melodies and harmonies
- Improvise in New Orleans, BeBop, and Modal jazz styles.
- Develop a strong sense of rhythm
- Learn songs according to your interest
- Additional musical styles: classical, pop, and more.