Dean Tsur is a multi-instrumentalist and bandleader, based in New York City. He has won the Carinthian International Jazz Award and was nominated for the Thelonious Monk Competition. Dean has earned his Master of Music degree from The Juilliard School and has performed with leading jazz and classical ensembles such as Roy Hargrove and the New Juilliard Ensemble
The clarinet is the perfect choice for students interested in performing jazz and classical music (although it’s a great instrument for other styles as well). It is also a great instrument choice for children due to it being lightweight.
Individual Lesson Plan
The student and I create an individual educational plan that matches the student’s interests. We go over the more technical topics while working on songs, in order to make sure the student is engaged and inspired.
- Learning songs according to the student’s interest
- Learning and improving on music reading
- Fingering, sound production, and other techniques
- Improvisation (right from the beginning, why not?)
- Developing a strong sense of rhythm (so important)